All About Us.

Over the past year or so, the amount of visits and followers we receive has grown massively and it occurred to me I’ve never really done an intro post. I know that I like to know more about who I’m reading about when I visit a blog so I thought why not? Today I’m going to tell you a little bit more about me and my little ones…

Mia.

Mia, where do I start with Mia? She’s feisty, sassy, but oh so sweet. If you met her now you’d never believe that just two years ago she developed a stammer so bad that she barely said a word for fear of embarrassment… these days you can’t keep her quiet!

She has such a kind heart and has taken on the nickname ‘Mother Hen’ in recent months because she’s always helping younger children on the school run and she’s first on the scene when someone takes a tumble. I think it all stems from caring for such a fragile younger brother – she’d move mountains for Theo given the chance.

90% of her day is spent being that lovely, caring little girl. The other 10% is spent roaring at me to fetch her a drink or supply her with more ketchup. We’re very alike, me and my girl, both as stubborn as each other, and both not afraid to stomp our feet and pout until we get our own way…

She’s my little best friend, you can read all about her surprise entrance into the world here

Theo.

Theo’s the bravest most resilient little boy I’ve ever met, and he’s all mine! The last four years haven’t always been easy but he astounds me every single day.

He’s the reason this blog exists, he’s why I do what I do. When we last counted, he had 14 severe allergies, 4 of which are life threatening. He also suffers with severe eczema, asthma and anemia and his little body cannot absorb vitamins and minerals, we’re currently trying to conquer a vitamin D deficiency too which is a little tricky when he reacts so nastily to sunlight.

Theo’s the comedian – even when he doesn’t mean to be. He can be extremely quick-witted with an infectious chuckle. He also lacks shame, and is not afraid to flash his behind in public or wipe the contents of his nostrils on my sleeve… boys hey?

Mummy.

And then there’s me… I guess I should be pretty proud of myself for bringing two utterly wonderful little humans into the world shouldn’t I?

At the grand age of 24 (yes, despite having the appearance of a 12-year-old I am actually a fully functioning adult) I’m finally getting somewhere with life, earning money, being the best Mum I can be and also training to become a teaching assistant. I’m still a work in progress, but I’m getting there.

I lack common sense and sometimes wonder how I’ve made it to 24 – I thought a platypus was a duck with funky legs… need I say more. Despite being a little dense, I’m proud of what I’ve achieved over the last few years and can’t wait to see what the future holds.

Now you’ve read all about us, what else would you like to know? Feel free to pop  a comment below.

 

Get The Latest Posts First!

 

All About Us Motherhood Childhood

1 Comment

  1. Gorgeousgsmama 21st May 2017 / 7:29 pm

    Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. Your little boy sounds like an incredibly resilient young man and your girl so kind and caring.

    Isn’t that what a platypus is? Lol. Genuinely 😜

A comment is always appreciated!